Welcome to Sponsorion!
I. Information You Provide
This is information that you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information, goals and rewards. The information we collect is different depending on if you are an account holder, become a sponsor by supporting a creator, or become a creator by creating your own Sponsorion page.
To create an account on Sponsorion you have to provide your:
- Email address
You may also sign up using a Facebook account and email address. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Sponsorion’s access to that account.
You also have the option to add more information to your profile, such as a location, social media links and an about section, which we store along with any comments or messages you submit through Sponsorion.
We collect and process information about the creators you support, the level at which you support them, what rewards you receive and how often you support them.
A creator is someone who creates a Sponsorion page requesting financial support from sponsors. To become a creator, you must create a page that describes what you are creating, any rewards you are offering and any financial goals you have. We collect and process this information along with any additional information you add to your profile. To receive payments you must provide the needed bank account information to send you the money via direct bank-to-bank ACH. You must also provide us with additional information for tax purposes. Depending on your location you have to fill out a form with some combination of your:
- Legal name
- Social security number or employer identification number
- Country of citizenship
- Foreign tax identification number
- Date of birth
- Your nonprofit registration number, if you are a nonprofit business
II. Information We Collect
We collect information automatically as you navigate the site or through our third party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access Sponsorion, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We also derive your location from your IP address.
Do Not Track
Our service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means our third party analytics providers may associate your usage on Sponsorion with your usage on other sites.
We also use creators and third party vendors which you can read about in our “Information Shared with Third Parties” section below.
III. How We Use Your Information
We never sell your information to anyone. We use your information to:
- Provide Sponsorion services to you.
- Allow you to sign in to your account.
- Allow you to support creators through Sponsorion.
- Allow you to collect money as a creator.
- Send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences.
- Reply to your questions.
- Understand how you use the service and market Sponsorion to you, including suggesting creators you may be interested in supporting.
- Create better tools for creators to serve sponsors.
- Conduct research and development to improve Sponsorion and develop future products that our users may be interested in by analyzing how you use it.
- Prevent fraud and abuse on Sponsorion.
IV. Information Shared with Creators
If you are a sponsor, the following information is shared with the creators you support:
- Your email address and other profile information.
- Any messages you send them through Sponsorion.
- All information about your pledge, including amount and start date, but not your full payment card information.
- Some aggregated and anonymized data about how you use Sponsorion that cannot be linked back to any individual user.
V. Information Shared with Third Parties
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With your permission, with service providers used by creators to deliver content and rewards.
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management, analyzing data trends, credit card processing and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to personal information to perform their services and are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- To protect the security or integrity of Sponsorion, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sponsorion, its employees, users, or others, if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us). If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
VI. Information Shared with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- Your profile, and your social media links and location if you add that information.
- By default the creators you support are publicly displayed. If you flag your account as private, we will not display the creators you support.
- Any posts or comments you make on a creator’s page.
- Your aggregated or anonymized usage data in blog posts, press releases, or in other ways to share information about Sponsorion’s usage. Aggregated or anonymized data cannot be linked back to any individual Sponsorion user.
VII. Your Preferences and Rights over Data
Choosing Your Preferences
The Settings link is located by clicking on your avatar or profile at the top right hand of your screen. Settings lets you see the what your account preferences are. You can see and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selections.
Exercising Your Data Rights
You can exercise rights over your data in the following ways:
1. Modifying the Information in Your Account
You can modify or delete certain information associated with your account on the settings pages, as described in the “Choosing Your Preferences” section above.
2. Disabling Your Account
You can disable your account if you go to your account settings while you are logged into Sponsorion. Click the “Disable My Account” link to have your account immediately disabled and removed from public view. Please be aware that this is a final act and you cannot log into your account again after clicking this link. When you disable your account, we immediately remove your ability to log in. If you create a new account, you will be asked to use a different email address from the one you used previously. Even if an account is disabled, some information may be retained by our analytics providers on their own servers.
3. Removing Marketing Emails
You can stop receiving marketing emails by changing your email settings. While this removes your marketing emails, service related emails are still sent, including how you can optimize your Sponsorion experience and suggestions for which creators to follow.
4. Understanding Our Data Retention Periods
We retain your information for ten years, unless you disable your account information from your account settings. Please note that once you disable your account, you will not be able to log in again. If you want to log into Sponsorion again by creating a new account, you may be prompted to use a new email address from the one you previously used on your disabled account.
5. Additional Questions Related to Privacy
For additional privacy-related questions about your account, you may email us at Support@Sponsorion.com.
VII. European Union Data Transfer
Transfer of Data to the United States
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications. If you are in the European Economic Area, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending you any marketing communications. You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. Full credit card numbers are never accessed by our system, and the most sensitive data we store, such as tax forms, are encrypted to keep them secure.
To further protect your information we suggest using a strong and unique password for your Sponsorion account.
Sponsorion is not directed at children under the age of 13, and they may not create an account or otherwise use Sponsorion.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Sponsorion after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
If you have any questions, please email Support@Sponsorion..
Effective 12/04/2018 Last updated on 12/04/2018